Ufone Pre-Paid and Post-pay users will now be able to operate Twitter through their Ufone on 40404 SMS Short Code.
Twitter offers social networking and Microblogging service, enabling its users to send and read messages called tweets. Ensuring and keeping the tradition of offering pre-eminent value added services to Ufone subscribers, we offer our Ufone subscribers to send, receive unlimited tweets through this service. Follow your Family, Friends and Celebrities updates on twitter by endorsing the process below.
- Before you Start, create a account on Twitter and SMS “start” to 40404.
- Enter username, It is important to send username only if there are any additional characters in the message we will not be able to read it correctly.
- Once username is provided, you will be requested to provide their password. (Passwords are case sensitive)
- Send confirmation Message OK.
- To get others' updates delivered to their phone, you have to turn on mobile updates for Tweets you wish to see on your phone. Until you do this, you will not receive any Tweets to your mobile phone. Check out these other phone commands for more tips and tricks!
Further phone commands are listed below to maneuver account.
- ON: turns ALL your authorized Twitter updates and notifications on.
- OFF: turns off all updates except direct messages. Send STOP again to turn off direct messages too.
- STOP, QUIT, End, Cancel, or Unsubscribe: turns ALL phone notifications off.
- ON username: turns on notifications for a specific person on your phone. Example: ON TaimurWaqar
- OFF username: turns off notifications for a specific person on your phone. Example: OFF Hassan909
- username: this command allows you to start following a specific user, as well as receive SMS notifications. Example: FOLLOW alikhan, or f alikhan for short.
- LEAVE username: this command allows you to stop receiving SMS notifications for a specific user. Example: LEAVE asif, or l asif for short.
Fun Stuff: Friends, Favourites and stats!
Use the commands below to send private messages, favorite Tweets, and more.
@username + message
Reply: shows your Tweet as a reply directed at another person, and causes your twitter to save in their "replies" tab. Example: @TimeWorld Pakistan economy will grow steadily!
D username + message
Direct Message: sends a person a private message that goes to their device, and saves in their web archive. You can also use M username + message to send a private message now! Examples: d alikhan want to pick a Orange Juice for me while you're there?, m alikhan want to pick up a Orange Juice for me while you're there?
Retweet: sends another user's latest Tweet to your followers. Example: RT alikhan
Retrieves the profile information for any public user on Twitter. Example: whois alikhan, w alikhan for short.
Retrieves the latest Twitter update posted by the person. You can also use g username to get a user's latest Tweet. Examples: get espncricinfo, g espncricinfo
Marks that user's last Tweet as one of your favorites. (reply to any update with FAV, FAVE, or FAVOURITE to mark it as a favorite if you're receiving it in real time) Examples: fav espncricinfo, fave espncricinfo, favourite espncricinfo
This command returns your number of followers, how many people you're following, and your bio information.
Texting help, info, or aide to Twitter will bring up helpful tips.
Using on Or off username commands from phone will only stop notifications coming to your Mobile; You will still collect a person's updates on the web since they are following them. There is no way to unfollow someone or block someone via SMS.
The following commands perform the same actions: Follow = On. And Leave = Off.
Following someone from a phone for the first time will also cause you to follow them on the web.
There is no way to stop following a person without visiting their web profile and removing them. The off, leave, stop, and quit commands will only disable mobile updates from that user.
You don't have to use on/off username from the phone, user can also set individual notifications from a person's profile page on the web, or check their following page and manage all phone notification settings there.
For More information on using the service visit following links.For More information on using the service visit following links.
Turning Mobile Twitter Updates Off and On+ to send private messages, favorite Tweets, and more.
How to get SMS Notifications of Twitter:
To Follow/unfollow via SMS:
Posting Tweets via SMS:
Creating Twitter Account Using SMS:
Twitter SMS FAQs:
- Send Message is charged at Re.1+Tax/SMS
- NO Subscription charges
- Receiving Tweets are FREE
Terms and Conditions:
- In Islamabad, AJK, Gilgit/Baltistan and FATA an additional 0.84% will be charged on all services and packages.
- 19.5% FED on usage and other taxes on bill/recharge apply.
- In Islamabad, AJK, Gilgit/Baltistan and FATA 18.5% FED and other taxes on bill/recharge will apply.
- Your SIM is your identity, only use SIMs issued through Biometric Verification – PTA