For first time in Pakistan, Watch TV on your BlackBerry®
As the uncontested leader of everything BlackBerry®, Ufone is proud to bring U another addition to its exclusive BlackBerry® services. Now with UMobileTV, BlackBerry® solutions by Ufone are not only about communication and business but nonstop infotainment as well! As our BlackBerry® customers U can enjoy your favorite TV programs with UMobileTV, as we bring some of the most popular TV channels right to your BlackBerry® smartphones.
TV channels available:
Download UMobileTV application from http://172.16.33.39/setup/mtv.jad
The application will automatically update whenever a newer version is made available. If a newer version has been made available, users will not be able to use the application until the newer version is downloaded and installed.
Download the application now and get a 1 day free subscription trial. At the expiry of the trial you will automatically be subscribed to the service. your subscription will be renewed automatically every month.
Rs. 100 + tax per month.
Please note that this service is only available on BlackBerry® smartphones running on OS 4.6 or higher.
Supported BlackBerry handset models are:
- Curve 8520
- Curve 8900
- Curve 9300
- Bold 9000
- Bold 9700
- Bold 9780
- Torch 9800
To unsubscribe from the service, call 333 log a un-subscription request. Un-subscription requests will be entertained within 48 hours. Free trial offer can only be utilized once and will only be made available for 1 day from the first installation and use of application. Reinstalling the application will not entitle users for a new trial.
Following FAQs Section has also been added to the application to guide users:
Q) What is Ufone Mobile TV Service?
A) Ufone Mobile TV Service provides mobile video streaming of live broadcasted channel straight to your mobile handset.
Q) Which BlackBerry handsets are compatible with Mobile TV application?
A) Currently, the application is compatible with Curve 8520, Curve 8900, Curve 9300, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Bold 9780, Torch 9800.
Q) Which BlackBerry Operating System (OS) versions are compatible with Mobile TV application?
A) Application supports OS version 4.6 and above.
Q) Will I be charged for data usage on use of Mobile TV service?
A) BlackBerry BES and BIS subscribed users do not get charged for data usage. All data browsing including streaming is absolutely free.
Q) Should I minimize or close the application upon exit?
A) Is it highly recommended to always close the application upon exit. This will save data usage and enhance battery life.
Q) How can I subscribe to the service?
A) From the home screen, open menu and click Subscribe option to subscribe.
Q) How can I check my current subscription status?
A) From the home screen, open menu and click Subscription Status.
Q) How can I update the application?
A) The application comes with auto-update feature. As soon as a new version is made available, you will be forced to download the new version upon opening of the application.
Q) Sometimes the application get stuck on loading screen. What can I do to avoid it?
A) This application uses port 5374 of your handset. Kindly ensure no other application on your handset uses the same port.
Q) What are the benefits of updating application?
A) Application updates may bring new channels for viewing and improved user experience.
Q) What are monthly charges to use Mobile TV Application?
A) You only pay Rs 100 plus tax as monthly subscription charge. There is no other charge on use of application.
Q) Why do I experience buffering sometimes?
A) Buffering is usually experienced due to network congestion. Closing and reopening of the channel again may improve user experience.
Q) How can I un-subscribe from the service?
A) Kindly call 333 and log your un-subscription request. Your request will be processed within 24-48 Hrs.
Terms & Conditions:
By using UMobileTV, you agree to the terms and conditions listed below:
- I hereby, accept that Ufone is not responsible for the content broadcasted on the service. Service may experience degradation due to network congestion and Ufone will not be responsible for issues related thereto and for any refund claims arising from any such reasons. The Application features/channels shall be updated from time to time and such updates shall become available for use only through update of Application software.
- I further confirm and acknowledge that the service will only be available on handsets originally supporting Operating System Version 4.6 and above, and the handset models that support the service are: Curve 8520, Curve 8900, Curve 9300, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Bold 9780, Torch 9800. I further acknowledge that the service cannot be guaranteed for handsets that have not been purchased through Ufone.
- I hereby, further confirm not to misuse, modify or tamper the Application in any manner whatsoever possible. I further accept that my handset supports the service made available through this Application, and I shall not be entitled to any cash refunds from the subscription fee if my handset does not support the said service.
- In Islamabad, AJK, Gilgit/Baltistan and FATA an additional 0.84% will be charged on all services and packages.
- I accept that Subscription to the Service is to be made through payment of monthly subscription fee of PKR 100 which does not include any taxes/levies imposed by the Government. The subscription to this service shall be renewed automatically every month, unless the service is unsubscribed by logging the un-subscription request via 333 helpline.
- I further accept that I will be availing the Ufone Mobile TV services 1 day free subscription trial offer by Ufone, which will automatically be renewed for a month and shall be charged at the rate specified above.
- 19.5% FED on usage and other taxes on bill/recharge apply.
- In Islamabad, AJK, Gilgit/Baltistan and FATA 18.5% FED and other taxes on bill/recharge will apply.
- Your SIM is your identity, only use SIMs issued through Biometric Verification – PTA